Finally found an LS1 for the blazer, but have an issue.

Gettin it in there.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

Finally found an LS1 for the blazer, but have an issue.

Postby jshultz78 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:32 pm

A buddy of mine has an 02 firebird he's about to turn into a race car, and I can get the LS1, transmission, harness, computer, and all the accessories for $800. BUT he doesn't have a key for it, and I want to hear it run before I drop that much money on something. Is there anyway to bypass the vats system so I can start it up? I talked to a dealer today, and they can make a key for $30 if he takes the title up there, but he said there's a good chance that the car being that old the cylinder has been changed and may not work. I used to do remote starts on those chipped keys, just get the resistance from the chip and wire in a resistor on the vats wires, but I have to have the key first. Any Ideas?
jshultz78
I like to share my knowledge

Re: Finally found an LS1 for the blazer, but have an issue.

Postby AWD V8 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:31 pm

You could borrow an LSx PCM. It won't be tuned and the gauges may not work, but it should run. An Envoy with a V8, a Trailblazer, A Silverado, etc. Up to about 2004 should work.

I think you have to match the colored plugs on the PCM. They are blue & red for the LS1. Other PCM plug colors are like a green, those PCMs may not work.
I'm not old, I'm ripe

99 AWD Jimmy - RIP
'95 AWD Jimmy - RIP
'89 AWD Jimmy - RIP
AWD V8
I eat gummy bears when I post.

Return to General Swap