Blazer fuel tank under a truck

Gettin it in there.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

Blazer fuel tank under a truck

Postby Antklg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:52 pm

Have heard of this but cant find any info on it. What year tank is needed and any other info is appreciated. my truck is a 97 if that matters
Antklg
Im working on unhooking my battery cables.

Re: Blazer fuel tank under a truck

Postby excaliber » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 pm

I don't think it would be that hard, just fab up some brackets and straps, the only issue would be getting the filler neck on the tank, to reach you gas hole is the side of the bed unless you just cut a hole in the floor of the bad and filled it that way.

I stole these from another site, thought they might come in handy.

Jamie Sanders
Searcy, Arkansas
Owner: 1989 S-10 383 SBC
Former owner: Syclone #0252,
Former Owner big block 427 S-10

I believe in the right to bear arms, because when seconds count,,, the police are only minutes away.Image
excaliber
Subscribed Member
Subscribed Member

Postby Antklg » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:25 pm

thanks for the pics. i work in a fab shop so brackets wont be a problem.
Antklg

Postby smsmith36 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Those are pics of my truck. Here's some more. Ask any questions you might have. It's basically 2 pieces of angle iron, front one angled, rear one straight and some spacers. If you aren't using the in tank pump you can make a pickup and return like I did with a frame mounted electric pump. I still need to add a separate sending unit for my gas gauge. If you want to go to the trouble, the gas door can be moved back near the taillight and go straight into the tank. The only problem I have with that is the hose is almost flat and you have to put gas in real slow because it keeps shutting off.

You don't get smarter as you get older. There just aren't any stupid things left that you haven't already done.
smsmith36
I make engine noises when I post.

Postby Renzo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:55 am

smsmith36 what year and size (13 or 20 gal) blazer tank did you use or does that matter?
A job ain't nothing but work, but if you do what you love and love what you do, you'll never work another day in your life.
Renzo
I found rocker arm monkey's on ebay!

Postby smsmith36 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm

It's a 20 gallon, not sure of the year. Check this out. http://monsterautoparts.com/chevrolet/s ... _tanks.htm
GM18A or GM18B should work. They are pretty reasonably priced or look for one in a junkyard. Dimensions are 33" x 22" x 10-1/2"
You don't get smarter as you get older. There just aren't any stupid things left that you haven't already done.
smsmith36
I make engine noises when I post.

Postby jbsjunk » Mon May 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Nice job! :thumbup: I've been thinking of doing this myself. Just find a tank and a pod from 2 door Blazer and stretch the harness out to keep the OBD2 happy.
Speed kills. Drive rice and live forever.
jbsjunk
My hoist hit me in the head!

Postby wkeracing » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:07 pm

subscribed, slowly doing this mod.
Make sure you get your information from the internet gurus that haven't built ****, they did sleep at Holiday Inn last night.
wkeracing

Postby XXXXXXXX » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:47 am

LOL.. another 6 year old thread.. you have a talent for find stuff here!!
Thanks for bringing it up... really nice job of making that pickup for the tank. I will have to save this thread for the future.

X
82 S10 Longbed.. stock 305.. b&m 144 blower.. 7lbs.. stock 801 heads.. dyno'd 194rwhp...holley 750dp.. percys adjust a jet in the front & rear.. headman 1 1/2 shorty headers.. 2 1/4 dual exhaust with hooker aero chambers.. msd with boost timing master.. 2500 stall .. 700r4 .. 3.73 posi fact s10 disc brake rear end.. caltracs.. 275/60/15 Nitto Extreme 555 drag radials
XXXXXXXX
I drink used anti-freeze

Return to General Swap