94 S-10 ss 350 TPI engine swap questions

Gettin it in there.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

94 S-10 ss 350 TPI engine swap questions

Postby willy41 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm

I am getting all the parts around to do this swap and need to know if I have everything needed. I am going to install a 350 with a 91 TPI unit. I have a 700r4 trans and ordering the wiring kit from Painless. I understand that I can use the stock 4.3 engine computer right? what resistor do I need to install so the factory tach will read the V8? I also have the V8 engine swap kit with engine mount adpaters and headers. I am guessing I will need to use a electric fan I also plans to keep the factory A/C , P/s etc.using all of the 4.3 acc. mounts. If anyone has any information on any else that I need to be aware of please let know TIA for all your help. I was told this is the place to be to get the right information on this swap
willy41
I found rocker arm monkey's on ebay!

Re: 94 S-10 ss 350 TPI engine swap questions

Postby 88LT1Blazer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:33 pm

There is a couple things that don't jive. First the 91 TPI unit can be ran are factory speed density. If you are getting the wiring harness from Painless, you have to know which ECM it is intended for. The 4.3 computer is not recommended for this swap unless Painless tells you so. The ECMs used for TPI are normally the 730 and the 727. There are a couple others, but these run the speed density. Yes you could use the the accessories from the 4.3. Problem is the passenger side bracket will be in the way of the intake plenum and throttle body. You need ether the Caprice TBI brackets or the Camaro TPI brackets. Ether one will provide the serpentine set up. The small compressor should fit the bracket and the power steering should also work. For electric fans, there are plenty to choose from. The ECM for the 730 can be programmed for a temp control for the e fan. Here is a link for the tach recal. http://www.s-series.org/htm/how2/recalibr.htm
88 S10 Blazer, LT1/4L60E Conversion, Center console with shifter, Typhoon cluster upgrade, 3.42 gears with G80

Fan Wiring At It's Best!!!
My blazer thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24204
88LT1Blazer
Posting in my sleep

Re: 94 S-10 ss 350 TPI engine swap questions

Postby jimdinger » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Willy,Welcome to the forum,I Plan on doing the same thing only I have a 92 TPI going into a 93 s15 with a 4.3 CPI.Heard you can use the CPI wire harness and I would guess the computer would work also :?: GOing to look into that tonight and see what find,wire harness would just need a few little tweaks I hear..Might want to look into the vette servo to help with the shifts...Let me know what you find out and I will s do the same.
1989 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4.Updated to 1993 Standards;Antilock brakes,rear wiper,4.3 vortec (CPI),4l60e and the dash unit out of the 93.
1993 GMC Jimmy 4x4,soon to have a 92 TPI 350.
I work at Advance Auto Parts.
jimdinger
I found rocker arm monkey's on ebay!

Return to General Swap