Corvette wheels

Tire sizing and wheel offset.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

Re: Corvette wheels

Postby SBC CAMEO » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:12 pm

88LT1Blazer wrote:Much better. Awesome what some scrubbing and some paint will do.. :thumbup:

^^^ DItto!

I just purchased a set of OEM 2005 C6 Corvette wheels for my wife's 2000 Blazer... The C6 wheel has more back spacing than the C4 and C5 wheels...

To get the tire "square" with the edge of the fender, I would have to run 5" of spacer in the rear, and 4" of spacer in the front :shock:

So, I am going to find a longer 4WD rear axle and run 2" of spacer, and use a 3" spacer up front. That'll tuck front & rear tires in about 1-inch... I don't prefer the 1" tuck, but I won't run more than a 3" spacer either... :!:

SBC CAMEO

Postby Whatever01 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:54 am

I can't seem to get the flat derby covers on the front rally wheels. It seems like the bearing housing and dust cover stick out to far. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I see the flat derby covers on S10's so I am not sure what's going on
Whatever01
I found rocker arm monkey's on ebay!

Postby socal1200r » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Sort of understand how the Vette wheels need spacers, because of their huge offsets. My 2000 Sonoma has the stock rear end, and I might be getting a set of Vette sawblades. From what I can tell, the sawblades are 17x8.5 and 17x9.5, with 56mm offsets. So based on the comments in this thread, if I want these sawblades to clear and not rub things when turning, I'll need 2" spacers on the front, and 2.5" spacers on the rear? I'm running 245/45s on the front, 17x8 with 0 offset, and 295/45s on the back, 17x9 with 6mm offset.

Another thing I noticed with the staggered Vette sawblades is it appears that there is a specific wheel for each corner. The blades look like they're directional, so there's a left side and right side, and since they're staggered, there are fronts and rears, so there's a specific wheel for each corner?
Robert Brooks
Newport News, VA
2000 GMC Sonoma: mid-90's fuel-injected LT1/T56 trans, Cobalt SS seats, 17x8 / 17x9 wheels with 245/45s and 295/45s, steel cowl hood, flush bed cover, coil overs, traction links, aluminum driveshaft, headers with true dual exhaust, conversion done right (wiring harness, computer, etc., so factory gauges work like they should).
socal1200r
WHERES THE CAPS LOCK?

Previous

Return to Tires & Wheels