Sportsman front on 7" wheel?

Tire sizing and wheel offset.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

Sportsman front on 7" wheel?

Postby Jjseeger » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm

So basically i keep going back to the idea of fenderwell headers, and i believe a 26x7.5 mt sportsman front runner will clear.. Unless i am mistaken..

My question is being that the tire is recommended for a maximum wheel width of 6.5, would the consensus be that they would be able to be mounted on a 15x7 wheel and clear the fenderwell headers? I really don't want to have to buy new wheels, and I'm not dead set on fender wells, but man- they would make it nice!

I'm open to suggestions for a tire size that would work on these wheels if there is one?
Jjseeger
I found rocker arm monkey's on ebay!

Re: Sportsman front on 7" wheel?

Postby lowblazin94 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:22 pm

I'm not too acceptable of the stretched tire look or function. If you bit the bullet and got new wheels or found someone to trade with then you can run the fenderwells and sleep better at night
92 S10 Ext cab
700r4
lowblazin94
TheCowWatcher

Postby Jjseeger » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:27 am

Stretching doesnt bother me if it's not toooo severe and its not a daily.
(Pushing 13:1 compression and a 275/282 @.050 cam isnt a daily lol) didnt know if it would be that severe of a stretch or if anyone has done it, and how they may clear the fenderwells if i went that route?

Maybe i can find some skinnies..
Jjseeger
I found rocker arm monkey's on ebay!

Postby Kirbystud » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:49 am

I am installing fender well header now. and no tires clear..... some you get more turning out of. I have the smallest front runners on mine and the tires hit the headers and the turn stops are still about a 1" away. I do have 2" drop spindles on that I am going to change back to the stock ones. I install a new back half this winter so the back setup a little higher so my front also needs to come up some.
Kirbystud
Im working on unhooking my battery cables.

Return to Tires & Wheels