2000 ZR2 NO power to door locks

Interior, exterior, engine, and other problems.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

2000 ZR2 NO power to door locks

Postby Cardinal » Wed May 03, 2017 6:54 pm

I bought a 2000 S10 ZR2 from a guy that was OBVIOUSLY a plumber when it came to electrical and mechanical work!

I found that he had changed the passenger door and didn't disconnect the wiring, HE CUT ALL THE WIRES!

I've got 98% of the wiring spliced back together and got the power window and speaker to work BUT NOT the power door locks on either door.

I have THREE orange wires left and NO power on ANY of them.

I have a Haynes shop manual that shows a "Power Accessories Circuit Breaker A" on the top of the diagram. I've looked in the under the hood distribution power block and it doesn't list it.

I pulled the bottom of the dash from the right kicker panel to the left kicker panel = I didn't see a circuit breaker!

My hope is that someone here can tell me where the PACB is so I can troubleshoot it.
Cardinal
I like to share my knowledge

Re: 2000 ZR2 NO power to door locks

Postby Cardinal » Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm

I FINALLY found a good wiring diagram which showed a 3 amp fuse for the power door locks and the power mirrors!

Found the fuse in the fuse block under the hood and it was blown! Replaced the fuse = power door locks work on the driver's door but not on the passenger door. I'm sure that when I check out those three orange wires that are cut, one or all of them will go to the power door locks.

Now all I have to do is get a tumbler to match the driver's side key lock (which the previous owner didn't salvage the original door lock tumbler asm!) and I'll be done!
Cardinal

Postby lowblazin94 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Hopefully it's that easy with the wires. Always something simple
92 S10 Ext cab
700r4
lowblazin94
TheCowWatcher

Postby Cardinal » Thu May 04, 2017 5:04 am

THEE WORST part is that he cut ALL the wires from the cab to the door AND left them open to shorting out!

At least I'm down to three wires which is a plus. Now all I have to do is test each wire for power from the source and then continuity to the door side to make sure that the power is going to the correct place.
Cardinal

Postby Cardinal » Fri May 05, 2017 3:35 pm

I had to move on to other projects as they have top priority.

I REALLY need a GOOD set of electrical prints so that I can get those last wires connected correctly. I know where the door side of them go BUT I can't figure out where the truck side of them is coming from so that I can splice them to the proper door wires.

Another day.
Cardinal

Return to Electrical