McGaughy's Front brake kit

Steering, shocks, springs, and brakes.

Moderators: Super Mod, Moderators

McGaughy's Front brake kit

Postby jaymzz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 am

Has anyone used this kit? McGaughy's Front Disc Brake Kits 93124
Thinking about buying it but no reviews but comes with everything and supposed to be a direct bolt it.
jaymzz
My hoist hit me in the head!

Re: McGaughy's Front brake kit

Postby Rickracer » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:30 pm

13" rotors? Says single piston calipers, but they sure look to be dual pistons to me. Either way, single or dual, they should definitely work bettter than the stock S10 calipers and rotors. Looks like 17" is the minimum wheel size. 16" is the minimum size with the LS brake setup. Seems to be a pretty decent "bolt on" setup for the $$... 8)
Rickracer
ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician (well over 3 decades of experience, :thumbup: )
'93 S10 SB,RC, Comp XR276 Hydraulic Roller, Vortec head 363, 400 + hp, built 700R4, JW 2800 stall lockup converter, 3.73 posi, disc brake, narrowed 8.8 Exploder rear, LS Camaro front discs, Cal-Trac clone traction bars, Best N/A passes to date: 7.76 in the 1/8th, 12.24@109.27 mph in the 1/4, gonna spray it one of these days... :mrgreen:
76 Chevy Vega Drag Car, TWIN TURBO 355, P/G trans w/ brake and JW 4000 stall vert, 4 link back half, narrowed 9", 3.50 gears, 29.5x10.5W ET Drags. Best time9.669 @ 139.79, Latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S59riYn ... ata_player
Rickracer
Master Swap Tech
Master Swap Tech

Postby jaymzz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:08 pm

I was thinking the price isn't bad and plan on running 17 inch wheels anyway. Getting ready to rebuild the front and rear suspension so figure might as well upgrade while at it. Lol
jaymzz

Postby jaymzz » Wed May 31, 2017 7:50 pm

Older post but wanted to update it. I called McGaughy's yesterday and asked about this kit. I was looking at the Willwood brakes and this kit. They are in fact duel piston calipers and are a converted late model Chevy truck brake system. The person I talked to said that the Summit website has the description wrong. I ordered this kit yesterday since I need new front spindles also and it will be here next month. I am wondering if my C6 front brakes will bolt up to this or not. The rep wasn't sure if they would fit or not but did tell me that the pads are a direct replacement GM part and not some offbrand pad that would be hard to find. (Had this happen to me years ago on a similar brake kit) So for the price whether the C6 brakes fit or not excited to get them.
jaymzz

Postby jaymzz » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Update...Cancelled my order yesterday for these brakes. I received another email yesterday morning that they will be another month out and will now ship by the end of August. I have received three of these back order notices from Summit and had enough. I don't know why it is taking so long because I called today and acted like I was going to order this kit and they told me that they would ship out today. I ordered them through Summit because of free shipping. If I bought them through McGaughy's it was almost $200 shipping. So now back to the drawing board fro front brakes again.
jaymzz

Postby lowblazin94 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Damn crappy dealings
92 S10 Ext cab
700r4
lowblazin94
TheCowWatcher

Return to Suspension & Brakes